Create Cross Platform Mobile App with Just 6 Steps
Mobile App Development has been a trend for past few years. From Windows, iOS to Android, developers have to learn a platform specified programming language in order to start their App development. That’s why, in recent years, cross-platform application development, such as Xamarin, React Native, AngularJS Ionic & etc are very much welcomed by developers where a SINGLE LANGUAGE rules them all! It is not just about one language, it is about saving your learning time!
Today, we are going to learn one of them, Xamarin using C# & .NET!
- Performance Close to Native
- Native User Experiences
- Full Hardware Support
- Open Source Technology with Strong Corporate Support
- Most importantly, all Platforms with C#!!!!
In order to start the development, we need Visual Studio 2017 for Windows installed with Xamarin Cross-Platform components & all necessary platform-specified SDK, such as Android SDK/ Windows SDK. If you don’t have it yet, download Community Version for FREE today!
Let’s start to “Create Cross-Platform Mobile App with just 6 Steps!”
- After you have installed Visual Studio 2017 (VS2017) with Cross-Platform development, launch it.
- We will create a Cross-Platform mobile app for Android, iOS & Windows UWP app. Let’s Select File -> New -> Project….
- Select Cross-Platform -> Cross Platform App (Xamarin) -> Enter your App Name and then Hit OK.
- To make the following steps simple, we shall select Blank App with Xamarin.Forms & PCL now. You may also choose Master Detail Template to jump start your app development. Then click OK.
- While creating the platform-specified projects, VS2017 will ask you for a Minimum Target Version & select your target.
- Now, your app is ready to be compiled, connect your device & start deploying on to your PC, Android & iOS. And, DONE, we have the app running on our devices.