Intelligent Bot on Cloud With Microsoft Bot Framework & Azure
Today, we have heard about Artificial Intelligent (AI) all around the world, from banking industry, logistic industry, technology industry to customer services. But, do we really know what’s AI?
What’s Bot or Artificial Intelligent(AI)?
“…”the study and design of intelligent agents” where an intelligent agent is a system that perceives its environment and takes actions which maximizes its chances of success.”
Bot allows the interaction between users and the intelligent solutions that can be hosted on servers as what they do with another real human-being. That means, bot can serve your inquiries anytime!
What’s the Benefits of using Bot or AI?
- Increases the customer satisfaction since it can easily answer the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) almost instantly and brings ease to your employees.
- Improve cost efficiency as now you can focus more on running your day-to-day business and less on spending time & money to support customers.
- Always available! Hosting on cloud means more reliable & faster!
Introduction to Microsoft Bot Framework
- Microsoft Bot Framework allows developers & businesses to create smart & intelligent bot that interacts with users.
- Connect bot to multiple platforms, from website, mobile app to desktop & even Skype!
- Bot Builder SDK available for developers to build a smarter bot.
Create a Bot on Azure
For this tutorial, we are going to learn how to create a Bot on Azure and deploying it to your website.
- First, we need an Azure account. Learn how to create one here if you don’t have one yet.
- Secondly, login with your Azure account.
- Thirdly, click + New then search for Bot Service (Now known as Web App Bot) at the search bar.
- Then, let’s create a Bot Service (Now known as Web App Bot), so click Create.
- Next, enter your preferred Bot name, select subscription, resource group, hosting plan and a App Service plan. For this tutorial, I use free tier & now click Create to deploy.
- Once the deployment is succeeded. You may click Go to resource button in notification or All resources at the side panel to view the Bot. Here I clicked All Resources.
- Following then, click the bot name that we just created.
- We need to select C# as our preferred programming language. There are few templates available, but for this tutorial, select Basic template. Then click Next.
- Next, click Create Microsoft App ID and password for your bot, so that it will be able to authenticate with the Bot Framework.
- At the newly opened page, click Generate an app password to continue.
- Copy and securely store the generated password that is on the screen, and then click Ok and followed by Finish and go back to Bot Framework.
- Back in the Azure Portal, assure the app ID field is auto-filled for you, and paste the password that was just being generated into the password field. Click Create.
- Once the bot is being created, let’s test the bot!
Integration of Bot to Your Website
- Let’s integrate this bot to our website, click Get bot embed codes.
- Secondly, select the second icon which means “Web Chat”. Then, hit Click here to open the Web Chat configuration page >.
- At the opened page, click to show the first generated Secret Key. Then copy the Embed code, also replace “YOUR_SECRET_HERE” with the generated key!
- Last but not least, at your website HTML editor, paste the code & publish.
- Now, go ahead and test the bot on your website!
In this tutorial, you have learnt how to create a bot using Microsoft Bot Framework and integrate it into your website.
You can try out the bot that I created! Have fun!